5.20.2009

Great, Greater, and Greatest

One of the most exciting discoveries as of late is the $1 makeup line, e.l.f. cosmetics. I am conviced their makeup is actually sample sizes of Clinique or other department store makeup, because I cannot for the life of me figure out why it's only $1. Their philosophy is providing quality makeup at a good price, but how are they making  money? There are rumors about being bought out by Nordstrom, Bloomingdales or other corps, but nothing to verify that.

After a bit of googling, I discovered the company also owns Naturale Beauty, a higher-end line. So my guess is that they're sample sizes of that, and it's just a really good way of making money off something they would normally lose money for. 

I just bought 22 items and basically replenished my stock of makeup, and with the shipping it was like $26, because they don't charge tax. I wasn't expecting much because it's only $1,  but their eyeshadow is crazy pigmented! It's amazing! Here are the products I recommend:

The waterproof eyeliner pen


Brightening eye color

Tone correcting concealer
Good luck with your purchases, and just remember, if you don't like something, it was only $1!

No comments:

Post a Comment